UX / Product Designer
👋 We're looking for a curious, courageous, team-oriented problem solver to join our team. This is a fully remote position! While the future with COVID is uncertain, we will continue to have an office space in the Triangle area of North Carolina, as a perk, for anyone local who wants a quiet place to work away from home.
What kinds of problems will you solve?
As a UX / Product designer at Klearly, you'll be responsible for ensuring our users have a delightful and frictionless experience when interacting with our product. You'll help our customers see their data, insights, and recommendations in new and meaningful ways.
You'll introduce user experience into the design process and will make sure every user action with our product meets or surpasses their expectations.
You'll do this by:
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research, including user-testing, to gather in-depth insights into our users' needs and motivations, ensuring our information is conveyed via a positive user experience that makes it easy for users to achieve their goals.
- Working side-by-side with the product team to turn their ideas into actionable user stories and wireframes.
- Working closely with the tech team to turn those user stories and wireframes into real, working features.
You'll do all of this while also collaborating with the marketing team to maintain harmony between the brand and the product. You'll also contribute to making the product as relevant, cost-effective, and functional as possible — A product with which all stakeholders are happy.
Your ownership, vision, and mentorship will help Klearly, our product, and our customers grow and thrive.
Most days you'll:
- Combine user experience thinking with user-centered design execution to produce intuitive user interfaces.
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback to understand user needs.
- Identify users’ needs and understand how users consume insights (e.g., predictions and recommended actions).
- Create personas, user stories, wireframes, storyboards, wireflows, mockups, and/or prototypes.
- Define and refine information architecture.
- Communicate design solutions to engineers and stakeholders while refining our design system to ensure visual cohesion and engineering efficiency across all user touchpoints.
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce the brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints.
Some days you'll:
- Work closely with the product team to identify research questions.
- Plan and conduct interviews, user surveys, and usability tests to inform design decisions.
- Help define and refine user personas.
- Present and communicate insights to help shape long-term product strategy.
- Plan and design the information architecture for our product.
- Help build out design processes, tools, and culture.
What you bring to the table:
- Empathy for the user
- Strong attention to detail
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, and a sense of adventure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with different teams
- Understanding of user experience and interaction design principles; especially, as part of the user-centered design process
- Adept with quantitative and qualitative user research and analysis, including surveys, interviews, and usability testing
- Creative problem-solving, with an analytical approach
- Command of contemporary design tools, such as Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Familiarity with design systems
- Joy for learning new things, sharing knowledge with others, and mentorship
What we bring to the table
Work/life balance: Enjoy flexibility with when, how, and where you work.
Flexible time off: Take what you need when you need it.
- Competitive compensation
Health, dental, and vision: 100% premium coverage for employees and 80% for your family.
Focus on learning: Every Friday afternoon is Playground time where we spend the whole afternoon learning or building anything under the sun that interests us. We really do this, every single Friday afternoon. We regularly gather for Playground Show & Tell where we can show off what we've learned, and learn from each other.
Ownership & autonomy: As one of our first hires, you'll receive meaningful equity and have ownership over your area of the product.
What we do @ Klearly
Klearly helps B2B marketing and sales teams make smarter choices about which accounts and which actions to focus on next. With our high-volume data pipeline, we connect directly to their data sources, sanitize and normalize the data, and use machine learning to surface signals from the noise. We present these insights in a thoughtful way via our web application to provide a targeted workspace with clear, prioritized actionable recommendations.
Our company values
Trust: We inspire trust from others by consistently doing our best, committing, and following through.
Empathy: We aim to anticipate others' challenges, to listen with openness, and to lead with a desire to be helpful.
Growth: We seek opportunities to grow, often and especially from diverse perspectives, by asking lots of questions, and starting with ‘why.’
Joy: We experience fantastic joy in helping others be successful and in recognizing their successes.